laundry ejector pump trouble shooting

Old 10-18-04, 10:27 AM
Mahra Teikmanis
Visiting Guest
laundry ejector pump trouble shooting

We have just moved into a remodelled home; there's a 1 1/2 year old Flotac pump, in the bsement with the laundry machines, to remove laundry waste. Soapy water ( not usually just the water) continues to overflow.One plumber fixed the overflow problem when something in the pump was dislodged. After he left, I ran a load of laundry and the soap and some of the water continued to overflow onto the tank's housing and onto the floor of the basement. The plumber returned and says that the pump works, but that the switch is not coming on soon enough. His boss says that we need to install a laundry tray to "hold" the soapy water before it moves into the ejector pump tank. The switch would seem cheaper than the tray($90 for part, $240 for labor) . Shouldn't I fix the switch first then see if it solves the problem? We have hard water and almost always use less than the recommended amount of soap.Is there a recommended size for the "laundry tray"?

Old 10-18-04, 07:05 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Model?

Mahra, could you give a little more information on the pump itself? Model, horsepower, or anything else from the rating plate. It will help us understand the type of controls or switches you have. These are not expensive pumps and if faulty could be replaced by the home owner at a very reasonable price.

Old 10-19-04, 05:43 PM
Mahra Teikmanis
Visiting Guest
Flotec details

Here's what I have: Model FPOS1800LTS-08. 1/4 HP.
It gets more complicated-- manufacturer says that the tether on the switch has a very narrow fit, between 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 ". Next, the vent pipe should b e no more than 1/2 " below the top, and they recommend installing a 6 foot extension to the vent pipe-- not a laundry tray. Maybe the vent pipe is my answer.

Old 10-20-04, 05:48 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Try this

Mahra, I could go through a long drawn out description but I think it would be simpler to follow the link below to the Instruction manual for your pump. http://www.flotecpump.com/pdf/FP526(4-16-04).PDF It is very descriptive and will assist you a great deal. If you do not find the resolution here, post back and we can try again.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: