Extra water tie-in??

Old 12-19-04, 01:19 PM
bej13
Visiting Guest
Smile Extra water tie-in??

I live in the country and the water main is 1000 feet from my house.
the county has set a 1" tap with 75lb. main pressure. I have 1000 feet of
2" pvc broke down to 2 -1 1/2" lines One 1 1/2 " line goes 1oo' foot to a modular home the other goes 600' to the main house. My neighbors well went bad and he wants to tie on to the 2" line going beside his house. I have no problems with water pressure now. will a 3/4 inch tap off the 2" line hurt the other two lines? Bej

Last edited by majakdragon; 12-19-04 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Changed title for clarity
Old 12-19-04, 08:35 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
What is the pressure on the mainhouse?

I would not think there will be a problem at that size line you have installed.

Old 12-20-04, 07:35 AM
bej13
Visiting Guest
main house

I'm not sure of the pressure on the line to the new house, how ever I have a pressure reg. keeping the house at about 35#. I would presume there would be in the neighborhood of 75# when it is static. B.E.J.

Old 12-20-04, 05:23 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Check with the County water engineer for advice.
They can probably set a meter for your neighbor off of your private 1.5" line, if you allow it, and it shouldn't affect you that much.
Good Luck!
Mike

Old 12-27-04, 07:00 AM
bej13
Visiting Guest
water line

I had a permit to put the 2" line in the ground by a private contractor. but there has been a change of folks and we have a new commisinor and he won't allow folks to run new lines now. I offerer to give the county the line and they could set a meter for him and have the extra revenue. How ever they declined. I think they just don't want to maintain the 2" line. I have a real fear of having my meter 2000 foot from my house, Any leaks on a 2" line coming off a 1" tap with 75# pressure could give me a real hight water bill.BEJ

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: