Water Pressure

Old 12-28-04, 06:55 AM
capt1857
Visiting Guest
Water Pressure

While cleaning a paint roller in the kitchen sink yesterday the hot water pressure went from normal to less than half. I checked the rest of the house and all is well at the other outlets. Going under the house I noticed coming off the hotwater main to the kitchen sink the hotwater line is smaller. The only thing I can some up with is that a piece of mineral deposit broke off somewhere and has partilly clogged the hotwater line going to the kitchen sink. Is there anything I can do to get that deposit out and free up the line for normal pressure withour calling a plumber and having the line cut & purged?
How about long term health for the water pipes to keep them free from mineral buildup?
(All the pipes are copper)

Steve

Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-04, 07:27 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Turn off the supply valve to the hot water supply (left side) and disconnect the supply line. Hold a rag over the opening of the valve and turn it on and off a couple times. Reconnect the supply line and see if this helps.
It could also be a deposit lodged in the faucet. If it is a single handle faucet you probably have a cartridge and it will have to be removed and cleaned. @ handle faucet, Just disassemble the hot handle and check the inside under the stem. Turn off the water under the sink befor doing either of these tests. (Turn off both hot and cold before disassemly)
Your water heater should be drained and flushed at least once a year to clear it of deposits and sediment. I have included a link with directions on how to do this. Good luck.

http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=134483