Running Gas Line to Inside of House

Old 12-28-04, 10:17 AM
motoguzzi
Visiting Guest
Running Gas Line to Inside of House

I live in California and currently have an electric stove and would like to install a gas unit. There is no existing gas line for a stove. There is, however, a gas line just outside of the kitched (a straight line from the cabinets and about 4" from the exterior wall). I assume this line was originally plumbed to house a BBQ but is there any issue with running this line into the house, through the back side of the cabinets and to the stove? Any concerns with having this line service both the stove and an exterior BBQ?

Thanks very much in advance for any help/assistance you can provide.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-04, 10:36 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
motoguzzi, Welcome to the DIY Forums.
My first comment would be to check local codes to see if you are allowed to do this work. Some codes require gas services to be installed by a licenced gas installer.
You would also have to find what the requirements for volume of gas to feed the stove for proper pipe size is.
Most gas lines are black iron (steel) pipe. This would mean having to get the equipment to cut the pipe and threads.
Please check about the code and think about if you want to do this job yourself. Gas is not to be taken lightly. It can cause a lot of damage if not properly installed. Good luck.