Icemaker Copper Pipe Leaking at valve

Old 12-29-04, 09:22 PM
pac1954
Visiting Guest
Icemaker Copper Pipe Leaking at valve

My icemaker was not filling up with water so my first action was to pull out the refrigerator to make sure there was not a leak or that the copper tubing was not pinched. (I had recently moved out the refrigerator to paint.) There was a very slow leak where the copper pipe attaches to the valve. I cut the water off. I have a lot of length to the tube so I can detach and fix the leak. I just need to know what tools I will need and how to do this.

Secondly, while the icemaker does not fill up with water, the chilled water still comes out. So could there be a secondary problem with the line running into the icemaker?

I would appreciate any assistance.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-04, 09:31 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cut the line with a mini-cutter, use a new 1/4" brass compression nut, ferrule, and push pin.

Use a small amount of teflon thread sealant on the front side of the ferrule where it meets the opening of the solenoid valve on the refridgerator. Snug up line, make sure not to overtighten.

I always use Fluidmaster 72" or 120" no burst stainless steel icemaker supply lines. Works so much better and the flexibility makes moving the fridge worry-free.