replace garbage disposal splash guard


Old 01-14-05, 11:39 AM
Micha's Avatar
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: USA - God Bless Her!
Posts: 228
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
replace garbage disposal splash guard

Hi there!

I need to replace the rubber splash guard on my disposal. I bought a new one, but I can't get the old one out! I don't recall having this problem in the past! What's the trick??
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-05, 09:47 PM
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 2,041
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
On Insinkerator (Badger) and some others, the splash guard fingers are part of the gasket which seals the disposal to the sink flange. This cannot be replaced without dropping the unit. However, they make a replacement piece which they call a sound baffle. It has splash guard fingers, and can be dropped in from the top ... it just sits on top of the old one.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: