New Floor Drain Pipes are not vertical

Old 01-23-05, 09:57 AM
Burbank
Visiting Guest
New Floor Drain Pipes are not vertical

I have a new concrete slab floor in my shop which has 2 floor drains, one shower drain, and one toilet drain, I have not installed the toilet flange or drain covers yet. None of these are perfectly vertical. I installed the ABS underground sewer pipe and vertical drain pipes in trenches prior to the concrete floor being pored. Unfortunately I did not get the vertical drain pipes straight. The good news is I used those cardboard tubes ( 16" ) around each drain so that I could install the drain vent covers later and at that time finish up the concrete.

The 4" toilet drain is the best of the bunch, I do not think it will be a problem, but the 2" floor drain pipes are way off. What do you suggest I use so that my drain covers are level. I have seen these rubber connectors that use hose clamps to secure them to ABS, would these be ok to cover in concrete?

Old 01-23-05, 10:13 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
The connectors you are referring to are either "no-hub" (mission couplings) or Fernco.
You should not bring the concrete all the way up against the pipe. If there is a shifting later, it will break the ABS. Get some of the rubber insulation for pipes (Armaflex) and install it wherever the concrete would contact the pipe. This will seal the opening and provide a buffer for any concrete movement later. Good luck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: