sewer pipe crushed

Old 02-21-05, 08:50 AM
MikeP
Visiting Guest
Question sewer pipe crushed

I just moved into a new home here in miami and after a few weeks we noticed the toliets are not draining when flushed anymore. We checked the cleanout port by the house and its full of water but the one by the Driveway is bone dry. I have a driveway made of pavers and when they stamped them down could they have crushed my pipe?

I would like to know would this be covered under my new home warranty as a defect?

How long does it usually take to replace a sewer pipe like this? I assume they have to dig up the yard and half the driveway to replace it.

If its not covered how much does something like this run?

Is this something I should try to do myself?

Should I move out while waiting for this to be fixed?

Any help would be great

Thanks
Mike

Old 02-21-05, 09:07 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
MikeP, Welcome to the DIY Forums.
Is it a "new" house or new to you? If it's new, it should be covered by warranty.
Depending on the installer and the equipment used, it could be a one day job or 2 week job.
There may be codes that do not allow you to do the work. Only way to know is by calling the code office. If you have no drainage at all, it is really not a sanitary environment to be in. A contractor can do the job much faster than you can.
Good luck.

Old 02-21-05, 09:12 AM
MikeP
Visiting Guest
thanks

Its new to me but under a year old so its still under the builders warranty.. i was just wondering if this would be covered since they installed the pipes and driveway...

Hopefully I hear something today and it doesnt take too long to fix.. I will keep you all posted...

has anyone else had a similar experience?

Old 02-24-05, 12:44 PM
MikeP
Visiting Guest
Solved

The home builders warranty covered it all..

The cleanout pipe in the driveway was impacted down and sheared the T pipe from the house.. thus blocking the flow of sewage out of the house.

Evidently in trying to make the cleanout port level with the driveway they smashed it down not aware they crushed the pipe below..

All is good now.. just waiting for the driveway people to come and lay the pavers back down and hopefully not make the same mistake

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: