Ice Maker Water Supply Line

Old 02-23-05, 04:28 AM
MelloYello
Visiting Guest
Ice Maker Water Supply Line

We are in the process of switching out our old refrigerator w/ a new one that has an ice maker & water dispenser in the front (side by side freezer/refrigerator).

The old fridge did not have an ice maker so there was no need for a water line, so they just left the water line laying on the floor behind the fridge.

My question is where is the valve to turn this water line on? I have looked everywhere (feels like it anyway). Crawlspace, under the kitchen sink, other logical places around the house.

Does anyone know where they usually run the water line from for an ice maker/water dispenser? Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-05, 05:02 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
NORMALLY, the valve would be where the line goes to the wall. Most homes that are set up for an icemaker have a box in the wall and the valve is sitting just inside the box. Does your line go through the floor, wall? If the icemaker line was an add-on after the house was built, it usually is tied into the nearest cold water line. Is there a bathroom on the other side of the wall that the frig sits against? Good luck.

Old 02-23-05, 05:09 AM
MelloYello
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the fast response.

The line goes into the floor & it's an outside wall.

The water line for the dishwasher goes into the hot water line under the kitchen sink, like you mentioned. But the line for the ice maker just goes into the floor and ? (where does it go) hehe

Frustrating.

I thought perhaps there was a standard place for this line to go.

Old 02-23-05, 05:10 AM
MelloYello
Visiting Guest
The house was built in '91 & it seems the waterline for the icemaker was installed when the house was built.

Perhaps I should track down prior owners or ask neighbors.

Old 02-28-05, 12:04 PM
MelloYello
Visiting Guest
Update: I never did get an answer to my questions. So I did everything I could with no luck.

So I bought a saddle tap & just ran a new water line. Easier that way anyway. Works like a charm.

Old 02-28-05, 02:00 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MelloYello
Update: I never did get an answer to my questions. So I did everything I could with no luck.

So I bought a saddle tap & just ran a new water line. Easier that way anyway. Works like a charm.

i just found your thread. i was gonna suggest you do that as well. it is possible that the water line was run, but never properly connected or was disconnected somewhere along the way. anyway, glad to see you have solved the problem