What is the tiny pipe from laundry faucet


Old 02-28-05, 07:44 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
What is the tiny pipe from laundry faucet

I found a tiny pipe from my laundry room faucet while planning to replace the sink. It comes from the faucet and drains beside the main drain pipe. What is it? And what should I do with it when replacing the sink?


Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-05, 04:22 AM
majakdragon's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: N.E. Arkansas
Posts: 7,827
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Is it going into a floor drain? You said "Drains beside the main drain". If so, it is a type of automatic trap fill. Every time you run water, there is a small flow into the floor drain to maintain a seal to keep sewer gases from coming into the house. Many people forget about unused floor drains and then have an odor problem when the trap drys out and gases start entering. Thats all I can think of. Good luck.
Old 03-02-05, 05:53 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanks Majakdragon

I think you are right. I will remove the faucet and check it out this Friday.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: