3" THIN WALL DWV???

Old 02-28-05, 08:09 PM
JH32552
Visiting Guest
3" THIN WALL DWV???

I am planning to replace my copper water pipes with CPVC in the next few weeks. I have a well and VERY acidic water and the joints in the pipe are breaking down. Anyway, when I do this project, I had planned on adding a laundry tub next to my washer and dryer. When I was looking at the DWV I noticed that it was 3" THIN WALL. I have called every local store and cannot find any type of 3x3x1.5 wye to use with it. Does anyone know how to add the drain for my laundry tub with this stuff? Does anyone make a bushing that would fill the gap so I can get a "normal" wye to fit? If not, how can I do this w/o changing all the DWV too?

This is what the pipe has printed on it:
3" Genova MKIN PVC1120 THIN WALL ASTM E-84 60031

I have emailed Genova, but have heard nothing from them yet. I thought one of you guys would be able to help me faster.

Thanks (in advance)
Jackie

Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-05, 11:32 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Location: langley, in sunny fraser valley, bc , near vancouver
Hi jackie,
- I've come across situations like this sometimes. I usually solve it by going to the oldest plumbing store in town and rummaging through their fittings racks. I almost always find something to do the job. ( old plumbers never throw anything away) Hope this helps you.

Do it Right - Do it once

Old 03-02-05, 03:28 PM
JH32552
Visiting Guest
Thanks Nomind...
I was begining to wonder if I had totally lost my mind on this issue because no one replied. IF I find them at a store I plan on buying at least 10 of them. Then, when I have the time, changing ALL the DWV to something that you can get pieces for. Today I looked closely at each wye and every one of them has a bushing.

Thanks again!
Jackie