Air line connection to blow out line?

Old 03-04-05, 01:40 PM
bjj
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Air line connection to blow out line?

I have an underground water line that runs out to a pier. There is a ball valve shut off in a valve box. Just down flow from the ball valve is another fitting with a small knob sticking up. It had some dirt on it and I really couldn't get a good luck. I can take a picture, I think, if that would help. The plumber who installed the line for me did put a drain line at the end of the line so I can drain it each winter. I am wondering if the other fitting I mentioned is to blow out the line to get any residual water in valleys? Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-05, 03:56 PM
It sounds like this "other knob" is a brass cap. If so it was put in to allow air in when you open the valve at the other end. Without this air inlet your water line would "air lock" and not drain correctly. Check it and see if it is indeed a screw on cap. If not try to send a picture and we will see exactly what it is.

Good Luck

Old 03-09-05, 01:26 PM
bjj
Could be. I'll take a closer look after cleaning it off and snap a picture too. I won't be up there until this weekend, so I'll post after that. Thanks.