advice on 2inch washer drain pipe

Old 03-06-05, 02:31 PM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
advice on 2inch washer drain pipe

im getting ready to move my laundry room to main floor in my house; i originally thought i had a 1 1/2 inch kitchen drain to tap into.upon inspection in the drain pipe is 2inch pvc ,which is definetly better...my question is i will be installing a oatley washer machine outlet box with drain.....im going to mount the box 42 inches from the floor,run a 18in long piece pvc from the outlet box to the a trap then down and connect into kitchen sink drain....this will all be behind drywall when im done.........my problem is i bought a air addmitance valve,can it be plumbed behind the wall ...originally i was going to use a slop sink thinking the drain line was only 1 1/2 inch ,and the aav would have been plumber behind the slop sink,not in the wall...i got advice not to worry about a vent being the kitchen sink line is vented already,but reading advice on this forum i think the aa valve is easier enough to do and can only help....just need to know if it will be ok enclosed in the wall,if not i guess im going back to the slop sink route....thanks again for all the help....

Old 03-06-05, 02:48 PM
L
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
just did some research on oatey web page and it states the aa valves can be installed behind drywall,and long as insulation is kept 6 inches away....also they have a aa valve wall vent box....

Old 03-06-05, 02:57 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Check with the code office and see if AAV's are legal in your area. Many areas do not allow them and thats a lot of work to tear out if its not allowed.

Good luck with your project

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: