clogged drain

Old 03-06-05, 05:42 PM
c0rd0va
Visiting Guest
clogged drain

ok..so I had a clogged shower drain and I got that fixed so that the water drained out...but now, whenever i do dishes, the water from the sink makes its way into my tub...whats the problem?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-05, 04:01 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You have more of a clogged pipe problem than just your shower drain.At some point further along in your drainage system at a point where either drains connect or just beyond it in a common drain line there is a build up or partial clog.When the volume of water is too much to get past this blockage it backs up into the nearest available outlet.You can try using drain cleaner in the drains affected by the problem....the kitchen and bathtub.....and see if that helps.I would suggest using products that are stronger than what they sell in the grocery store like Liquid Plumber and Draino,etc....but avoid products based on sulphuric acid.Go to a real hardware store and get an actually good product,put in a reasonably sizeable amount and let it sit overnight undisturbed.Other alternatives are augers (snakes) and a hose attachment known as a Drain King.These are both possible solutions but are dependant upon you being able to get them to the actual location of the clog/blockage.Drain Kings especially are good if you can get them to where you need them.They attach to a regular garden hose and swell to the pipe diameter then pulsate with high power water jets to blast away blockages.Augers often only punch a small hole through the clog or bypass build ups.If none of these works you'll need to have a professional come in and open up the drains....a plumber or Roto-Rooter type company.