Leak under sink


Old 03-07-05, 04:04 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Leak under sink

I'm not sure if this is something I can do myself or if I need to call someone. Both the hot and cold water lines are leaking where the shut off valves are. I don't think they are screwed into place .. looks like it may be clamped, but I don't know for sure. Can anyone tell me what this type of joint would be called and if it's something I can do myself? Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-05, 05:31 AM
majakdragon's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: N.E. Arkansas
Posts: 7,827
pipper, Welcome th the DIY Forums.
Not sure what the name of that connection is but it IS crimped and would need to rent or buy a tool to fix it. I would get someone to fix it and possibly replace this type connector with something you can repair yourself in the future. Good luck.
Old 03-07-05, 05:42 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
thanks .. that's what I thought. I just shut off the main line and pulled the entire thing. I'm heading out to the hardware store to find a replacement that's easier to fix.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes