problem with Hansgrohe faucet kitchen sink

Old 03-14-05, 07:05 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy problem with Hansgrohe faucet kitchen sink

Hello.

Since a year or two we own a Hansgrohe single lever kitchen mixer. Even though the waterpressure has never been great or not always consistent, the nuisance of a somewhat lower water flow was not enough to actually do something about it, especially since this is the second one we own and both faucets had the same problem.... Until about a week ago. After running the water for about two minutes, I turned the faucet off and almost immediately I turned it on again only to find that no water came out. I checked the pipes, and I could hear the water "running". That did not seem to be the problem. Just to be sure I disconnected the faucet, and I opened the shut off valves on both sides. Water came squirting out. Since the faucet has a pull-out handspray I disconnected the hose, and I checked whether any obstructions were in the hose. I left the hose disconnected and I connected the water again. The water seemed to be running just fine through the connection hoses. I put the faucet in its place and I connected the hose. Now of course the water pressure is once again about 1/8 of what it used to be. This leads me to believe that something is not right with the nuts with wich the hose is attached to the pipes and the connection hoses. (Especially since every time I dis/connect them again, the waterpressure seemes to be changing.) I made sure not to overtighten them and althogether it does not make sense to me, that they could have something to do with it. But I am not an expert.........

Does someone else have any ideas of what it might be, or do I really have to believe the nuts are responsible? Any suggestions are quite welcome.

Thanks, Gwendolyn

Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-05, 06:31 PM
The nuts have nothing to do with the situation.

Inside of that pull out spout is a small check valve that is designed to prevent backflow of contaminates if you for some reason pulled out that sprayer and laid it down into the sink. That would be an automatic cross-connection between potable water and wastewater, a big no no.

That check valve can become clogged and cause a restriction inside of the device.

Call the manufacture to see if this is covered under warranty, have them send you out a new pull out spray. You cannot clean that check valve.

There might be a integral strainer inside of the sprayer that might be able to be cleaned, check it out. I do believe Moen faucets have a removable canister screen to be cleaned out.

Old 03-16-05, 06:38 PM
Thanks for your suggestion. I definitely wiill do that.