Washer Drain

Old 04-01-05, 09:59 AM
mbry149
Visiting Guest
Washer Drain

my washer drains into the wall. Occasionally when it drains it will leak into the laundry room and also outside onto the patio. It is an older home and I believe that I have orangeberg piping. This is just a guess, but I think that the pipe may have a hole or crack, probably somewhere around the bend that goes outside the house. Since the house is on a slab, would it be possible for me to get a flexable plastic pipe, saw the orangeberg in half, slide the pipe in past the bend on the bottom end and up to the drain spout at the top. Would this fix the problem or should I do something else. Maybe that's not the problem. I'm just looking for any solution to keep the little woman happy and me from having to keep moving the washer to clean up the mess.
Thanks,
Mike

Old 04-02-05, 03:41 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Take pictures if you can.........most times orangeberg piping was used strictly outside,,,,,,but since the home is on a slab...........good chance it might be underneath the slab.

I would try drain cleaning for the reason that it might be partially clogged.....or try having the piping inspected by the use of a camera to determine where the problem is. Lining the pipe as you describe would be difficult to do......causing a ledge to form in the piping at the beginning.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: