Main Line _ Joint question

Old 04-09-05, 07:17 AM
wallkicker
Visiting Guest
can you have a soldered joint on main line-underground

Recently built garage. In process of running one inch flexible copper line from house to garage. When garage was built they ran copper through concrete for me. They didn't use a sleeve and copper is somewhat squashed. So I cut copper outside of foundation. I need to get a new piece of copper through foundation. What is the best way to connect the joint outside is my main question? I would like to put a 90 degree elbow soon after going out of foundation also as I would like to get deeper asap without kinking flex. Can you protect line from freezing ,if so what's best? Any help would be great!

Last edited by jim almasy; 04-12-05 at 12:47 PM. Reason: get better response hopefully!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-05, 08:19 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
2 ways about doing this:

Silver solder your connection which takes heating the joint up till it turns white.

Or buy a ford brass fitting that is compression with spider clips inside that bites into the piping to prevent it from pulling apart. These fittings are found at your local plumbing supply house......anywhere from 10 to 15 dollars.

Old 04-20-05, 02:42 AM
wallkicker
Visiting Guest
Thanks

Thanks Dunbar, I think I will go with the compression set-up. I was wondering how the silver solder set-up is different than regular solder and just for general knowledge would a regular solder joint fail under ground?
Thanks for replying. jim