(plumbing venting questions) solve my problem

Old 04-24-05, 02:42 AM
(plumbing venting questions) solve my problem

I have done some investigating, and it appears I have a problem with my plumbing vent, that I think I can solve easily, but I donít know for sure.
So far I have gotten all the information I need to complete my project from this and other sites.
I am hoping to get an answer here if at all possible.

I have an old house, and there are several areas that donít meet code, but the code officer looking at my work says he will let a few things pass because they have been that way since the house was built, and fixing the problems would be costly and not be worth the expense to repair.

One area is with the basement bathroom venting.
The original toilet has a flat dry vent, which isnít to code. He wants me to fix this problem the best I can without tearing up the floor again.

I have a few pictures below, please take a look and tell me which method would be the best route to take.

In the picture, you will see fresh concrete around the toilet flangeÖ.I had to remove the floor and replace the flange because the 3Ē pipe had been compromised by a tree root. I replaced the plumbing exactly as it was before.

I forgot to mentionÖthe flow of the waste is from the vent toward the washer drain

Current: http://home.triad.rr.com/cwviperwolf...ct/Venting.jpg

2 Possible options: http://home.triad.rr.com/cwviperwolf...ath%201%20.jpg

Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-05, 02:41 PM
srry...looks like one of my links went bad...its fixed now....anyone wanna take a stab?