Replacing cast iron piping


Old 04-28-05, 09:24 AM
Ken Mohler
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Replacing cast iron piping

I have a section of cast iron drain pipe that is rusty and leaking. What is the best way to cut the old pipe and how can I transition to PVC?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-05, 07:14 PM
majakdragon's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: N.E. Arkansas
Posts: 7,827
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Depending on how much room you have, there are a couple of tools for this. You can rent "chain snappers" to cut it. There are manual (with long handles) and hydraulic and ratcheting. Price goes up with the ease it cuts. (Figures don't it?) They make "no-hub" fittings to transition fron cast to PVC. Easy to install. Good luck with your project.
Old 04-29-05, 02:50 AM
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 150
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If this is overhead make sure you have it supported and/or a friend or two to help when removing it. Cast is quite heavy.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: