Hot circuits runs cold

Old 04-28-05, 09:55 AM
a0176691
Visiting Guest
Hot circuits runs cold

With hot water heater inlet and outlet valves shut off I expect all the hot faucets to slowly empty and run dry when opened.
Instead, I have cold coming FULL BLAST out of the hot faucets. Only the kitchen has a single handle handset. The hot has never been really hot, but I know of no mixer anyplace.
We lived here 18 years, and now that we replaced the leaking hot tank with a tankless heater, weird things are happening. I ran one hot faucet for over 5 minutes and it never warmed up.
Plumbers said the tankless would produce the "same effect" as the tank did with this "cold inlet to the hot circuit", but I am seeing differences.
I did get a hot shower this morning after the usual 30-60 seconds of waiting for water to warm up. Single level house built 1984.
Any ideas? Thanks, Gundy

Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-05, 10:12 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink

Plumbers said the tankless would produce the "same effect" as the tank did with this "cold inlet to the hot circuit", but I am seeing differences.
Did they put it in???? If so did you call them on it???

ED

Old 04-29-05, 02:50 AM
a0176691
Visiting Guest
The tankless heater is working in place of the previous tank - but ONE hot faucet (wet bar) is still cold (both taps) despite 6 minutes of running full open. The other three hot taps ran hot after 40, 20, and 10 seconds.
If the cold supply went into the hot circuit between the heater and the wet bar, might the wet bar get everything from the cold without pulling from the heater, which is farther down the line?