Underground Leak

Old 05-04-05, 02:29 PM
Carolina Man
Visiting Guest
Arrow Underground Leak

There is a black plastic 3/4 inch waterline from my well to my barn about 75 feet. The pipe is buried below the frost line about 48 inches down. Asphalt is layed over the pipe. The line runs under the asphalt to the barn and then under concrete to the inside of the barn. I do not know the route of the pipe.
the PROBLEM; there is a major leak in the pipe--I get only a trickle at the faucet inside the barn. How can I locate the leak? I would trench along the line to the leak but can't find the line. All suggestions will be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-05, 12:12 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lets see here, 75 foot of pipe.....under asphalt......then under concrete....bad leak. Sounds like a really bad situation. Give up finding the leak and just trench and run a new line. They make fittings to change the direction of piping and I seriously think you need to do this. At least you will save the cost of the material covering the line. You may be able to find the main parts that you need to connect to this way. Sorry, but you are in a losing situation. Good luck.