Moving gas pipe

Old 05-05-05, 01:08 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Moving gas pipe

I am remodeling my basement. There is a gas pipe that come into the house above the bottom of the joists, drops down 4 inches to just below the joists, and runs parallel to the joists for 15 feet. I ceiling I'm installing will attach directly to the joists, so I would like to have the pipe not drop down, but go straight. Also, there is a tee that goes to the fire place.

The contractor that installed my furnace a while back has a $150 minimum charge plus parts, so it would be around $200.

I would rather not pay that much if possible. I usually don't mind doing things myself, but it seems like gas line work is a project that could use some experience. What types of workers do gas line work other than heating contractors and what is a reasonable price for replacing 15 feet of gas line?

Old 05-05-05, 06:12 AM
notuboo's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Kansas City MO
Posts: 1,699
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Qualified plumbers and mechanical contractors would be the people to contact for bids.

Good luck...

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: