Tremendous Vibration in Hot Water Pipes

Old 05-12-05, 12:37 AM
DanselnDistress
Visiting Guest
Tremendous Vibration in Hot Water Pipes

Hello. I'm new, so please accept my apologies if I don't know the protocals.

ISSUE: When I turn on or off my kitchen's hot water faucet, the pipes leading from the hot water gas heater to the kitchen faucet vibrates violently to the point I have to either shut the faucet off immediately or turn the hot water faucet nearly full power to stop the vibration. Again, this only occurs with the kitchen's hot water faucet over the kitchen sink.

QUESTION: What is causing this? How do I repair it? And if I need to retain a plumber, what's the estimate time of repaire- an hour, 3 hours, or what?

FYI: About 1 year ago, I replace my old hot water gas heater with a new gas heater, which came with an automatic release valve for excess pressure. To date, no water pressure as been released, automatically.

Then 6 months after the heater installation, I had a dishwasher installed, in which you can hear a moderate 1 hammer sound each time the hot water is turn on, and again when the dishwasher turns off the hot water.

Then a few months later, the tremendous vibrations began to occur with the kitchen's hot water faucet over the kitchen sink.

I've tried shutting off and on and adjusting the main water lines to the house and changing the faucet's washer, but the problem still exist. Also, I live in a warm climate (night's lows in the upper 40s to mid 50s; day's highs in the 70s and 80s), so no issues with cold or frozen pipes (me thinks!).

Please Help. I fear the pipes may break one day. I welcome all inputs and thank you very much!

Last edited by DanselnDistress; 05-12-05 at 12:46 AM. Reason: typos
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-05, 07:31 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sounds like high water pressure in the many circumstances you revealed.

View this link, get a pressure gauge and gauge your pressure in your home.

http://www.wattscanada.com/faq/regulators/main.html