Split Water Pipe


Old 05-16-05, 06:18 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Split Water Pipe

My pipe leading to my outside water spicket has split open in my basement. Do I have to replace the pipe or can I get some type coupler to go over the split and seal it up?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-05, 08:32 AM
majakdragon's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: N.E. Arkansas
Posts: 7,827
putt4317, Welcome to the DIY Forums.
Is it just a pipe, or is it actually a frost-free hosebib that has frozen and split? The frost-free type are 10" long or more and the washer that actually shuts the water off is on the end inside the house. You will have to replace the whole faucet assembly if it is this type. If it is just a pipe, you will have to put in a new piece of pipe. Where the pipe split will be thinner metal and will probably leak no matter how you try to patch it. Good luck.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes