finish trim for icemaker supply

Old 05-20-05, 12:41 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
finish trim for icemaker supply

Don't know if I should post this here or kitchens, but...

I'll be installing a new water supply for fridge, using a saddle valve to tap into 1/2" copper in crawl space, then run 1/4" copper up to kitchen. Question is, how best to finish it off? (I'd rather not just have raw tube poking out)

I can either run it up through the floor near the wall, or through the sill plate of wall behind fridge then up thru the wall and out thru drywall. Which would be better, and how should I "trim" it?

I'm assuming I'll want another valve inside the kitchen so it's easier to disconnect the fridge (than crawling under the house to shut off supply). Is there a cut-in box or something like that that would be appropriate to mount one of those little needle valves in?

Thanks for any ideas,

Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-05, 07:18 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Oatey makes a icemaker valve box that houses the valve for the icemaker concealed in the wall like a washer box. I wouldn't use a saddle valve, they are JUNK.

Also, use a flexible stainless steel 1/4" 72" supply from Fluidmaster.

That way you can pull the fridge out to clean or service without worrying about the connection being pulled loose or having to use 20 feet of copper pipe rolled up like an accordian.