Running new shower drain line in basement

Old 05-24-05, 09:46 AM
dobeman1973
Visiting Guest
Running new shower drain line in basement

I'm looking to finish my basement. The bathroom plumbing was (thankfully) stubbed off by the builder. So, I have (visibly) the toilet drain line, a 3" vent line and a 2" vent line.

From what I can tell, my only big issue is running a shower drain from the other end of the bathroom. Am going to install a shower only, so here is my question:

1) I've seen these shower stalls that are pre-elevated so the drain pipe clears the subfloor. Can I use that, and will there still be issues with the height/drop requirements of the drain line from the shower to the main. If so, does this mean I'll have to trench out the slab?

Any other pointers or "things to remember" are appreciated. I'll probably have a plumber do the work, but since they want $$ just to come give an estimate, I'd like to have an idea how much work will be involved beforehand.

Thanks,
dobeman1973undefined

Old 05-24-05, 08:13 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I would venture to say that if there has to be cutting of the concrete floor, then more than likely the expense will climb. They do make a shower unit like what you stated, but you must be careful when exiting the shower for the reason of a slippery situation and the way you have to step down.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: