Natural gas grill quick disconnect

Old 06-04-05, 05:31 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Natural gas grill quick disconnect

Is there such a thing?

What I want to do is have a fitting, or better yet a small utility box housing a fitting on the outside wall where I could plug my gas grill into when I wanted to use it.

I was at a friends house not long ago and his grill had a hose that plugged into a box on the wall for the gas. Has anybody ever heard of this before? Is it something installed by the gas company, or can a hvac installer do it?

Old 06-04-05, 06:55 PM
This is new to me what you are describing but it seems that it would have to code in order to be sold.

Ask the person who had this configuration where he bought it, or was it fabricated.

No matter what, approved materials would be required, along with the proper shutoffs.

Sure he just didn't you an appliance flex line to a gas valve shutoff in the wall?

Old 06-04-05, 07:59 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I have seen quick connects for oxy/aceteyne (sp?) torch heads. My fear would be a bad "O" ring that would leak being exposed to the elements. I have a great respect for what gas can do if not fully controlled. Good luck.

Old 06-05-05, 05:27 PM
D
I purchased a gas grill last year and it came with a quick disconnect for the natural gas connection. I just had to install the fitting onto the outside shut off valve and I was in business.
They should be available from a plumbing supplier or grill outlet.

DavidJ

Old 06-05-05, 05:29 PM
Show us a picture of what you have; I am probably overlooking what everyone is describing.

Old 06-05-05, 09:12 PM
D
Old 06-06-05, 05:36 PM
R
Now that's what I'm talking about!

Thank you, DavidJ, exactly what I was looking for. I knew there had to be something like that out there. I searched the web several times and not once did this fitting turn up in my search pages.

I got it now and it's on order. Now, if I could just find a decent enclosure box for it to live in.

Thanks to all for the help.

rcash

Last edited by rcash54; 06-06-05 at 05:53 PM.
Old 06-07-05, 09:58 PM
D
I leave mine exposed on the edge of the deck without a cover. Make sure you provide a gas valve just before the quick disconnect and keep the valve turned off when the grill is not in use. I don't like to leave the quick disconnect or grill valves pressurized all of the time.

Now I am looking for a gas valve that I can lock when out of town. I don't like leaving the gas accessible to the world. In retrospect I should have installed a valve inside of the house.

David J

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: