Tub drain problem

Old 06-04-05, 08:45 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Tub drain problem

Can someone please help me. I have a tub that wont drain and i dont think it is a clog. I took the plate held with two screws and pulled the whole stopper contraption out it has a long screw with a barrel attached to it the water still didnt drain. can someone tell me how this piece works does this small barrel hit something causing the drain to open up By looking at this piece i can see that the screw part can be ajusted but i dont think that ajusting it will fix the problem is something stuck any help

Old 06-04-05, 08:55 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
That "barrel" blocks off the drain when in the down position. If you pulled it out and the water still doesn't drain, you have a clog. You are correct that the screw adjusts the stopper. You may have to snake out the drainline or try an enzyme drain cleaner like Drain Care. Enzyme cleaners cling to the clog and "eat" them whereas caustic cleaners make a small hole in the clog and then go down the hole and out. Enzyme cleaners take overnight and more than on application may be needed but they DO work. Also safe for septic systems. Good luck.
If you snake it out, push the snake down the opening and turn it backwards (counter-clockwise) until it goes through the trap. Easier this way.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: