Supply Line to Toilet Keeps Freezing

Old 06-05-05, 06:10 PM
Kreg
Visiting Guest
Supply Line to Toilet Keeps Freezing

Hello,

I live in Washington DC (USA) and have a small addition on my house. Despite that fact that the crawl space on the addition was professionally insulated, the pipe that carries the water to the tiolet keeps freezing. Last summer I had a plumber install valves on the pipes so that I could drain the water out of the pipes during the cold winter months; well I did not drain the pipe soon enough and the pipes frooze again in October 2004.

I think that the best solution is to have the tiolet flush and have the supply line drain after it fills the tank. I have a basement where I could have a pump to supply the tiolet.

What are your thoughts? This is a very aggragating problem and I am willing to spend the money to have it fixed.

Thanx,
Kreg

Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBER; 06-06-05 at 07:52 AM.
Old 06-06-05, 07:54 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I would insulate the walls and the piping, use heat tape that covers the outside of the piping that you can plug in.

You definitely need to slow down air movement in that home in winter; if you are having water lines freeze, then more than likely you have a huge heating bill and this isn't beneficial either.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: