drain distance

Old 06-09-05, 08:36 PM
dtj9311
Visiting Guest
drain distance

what is the maximum distance of a drain before it needs an vent of its own?

Old 06-09-05, 11:18 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Not sure that I clearly understand your question. Each drain, regardless of length has to have its own vent. This vent is then tied into the main house vent. If I haven't answered your question, please reply back with more detail. Good luck.

Old 06-09-05, 11:57 PM
dtj9311
Visiting Guest
what i am attempting to do is replace my one-piece tub/shower with a stand alone shower and install a tub only in front of the shower. the existing tub/shower has a 2" drain pipe coming off of a vent (with a 1.5" trap). can i extend the length of the existing drain line to accomodate the tub and install a wyee in between to branch out for the shower drain? do i need a vent or vents somewhere in between?

Old 06-10-05, 12:08 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
By rights, you should have a vent after the trap on each fixture. They can be tied together. What I am saying is that you can jump up 4' and go over to the other fixtures vent and tie in there. Not sure what your local code calls for. You may also want to check on the shower drain size. Most have to be 2" drains all the way to the main drainline. Tub/shower combos only have to be 1-1/2". Hope this helps.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: