Sink drain - 1 1/4" chrome to 1 1/4" copper

Old 06-13-05, 07:45 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Sink drain - 1 1/4" chrome to 1 1/4" copper

Can someone guide me as to the best connection/fitting combo for this ?
P-Trap with copper-to-drain line.

Old 06-14-05, 12:53 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
You sort of have me confused. I assume you are talking about a bathroom sink drain since you said 1-1/4". MOST codes call for 1-1/2" after (before going into the wall). This is done with a fitting called a Desanko. It has a 1-1/2" Female that connects to the main drain and a 1-1/4" threaded connector that uses a slip-ring to make the connection. It would help if you could give a bit more info. Good luck.

Old 06-14-05, 09:35 AM
M
Originally Posted by majakdragon
You sort of have me confused. I assume you are talking about a bathroom sink drain since you said 1-1/4". MOST codes call for 1-1/2" after (before going into the wall). This is done with a fitting called a Desanko. It has a 1-1/2" Female that connects to the main drain and a 1-1/4" threaded connector that uses a slip-ring to make the connection. It would help if you could give a bit more info. Good luck.
Yep...my bad. Main drain is 1 1/2"....space is tight here as I am running the drain thru 2x3" lumber which is the backwall to the vanity.
Would I violate code going from 1 1/2" to 1 1/4" and then just using a simple 1 1/4" rubber sleeve ? I think however they are supposed to be only for temporary connections, but I would think today's rubber would last for 20-30 years or longer.

Old 06-14-05, 10:13 AM
Most codes would not allow this. If it's temporary, you could do it (not recommended) but if you sold the house you would have to change it anyways so why not get it over with the right way.

Old 06-14-05, 06:47 PM
M
I was wrong....

The copper drain in the floor was installed by someone else years ago and is definitely 1 1/4" copper. Now what ?
BTW: This is for a small bathroom sink.

Old 06-14-05, 10:40 PM
I would say to run the rest of the drain in 1-1/4" then. Only problem in the future may be if that was NOT code when the house was built, they could make you change it later. If there was NO code when the house was built you may get by also. If the pipe is in the wall behind the sink, it will probably never be noticed anyways. Not sure if they are available where you are, but in Florida we installed threads for slip-nuts right onto the copper pipe. They were just "threads" that soldered onto the pipe. Only time I have ever seen them though.

Old 06-15-05, 10:01 AM
M
Trap Adapter ?

Isn't a Copper Female Trap Adapter the solution here ?
I don't think it's available at Lowes or Home Depot however....
so I'll go to a plumbing supply house.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: