Plumbing fixtures - HELP!!

Old 06-19-05, 06:15 PM
wilma
Visiting Guest
Plumbing fixtures - HELP!!

I need some advice, please. I am in the process of redoing the bathroom & recently had to go purchase new fixtures for the sink. The set that I picked was a company that I have never heard of before - Pegasus. If you have ANY information or knowledge of this company or their products, could you e-mail me please? Thank you!!!undefined

Old 06-20-05, 09:44 AM
plumerdan
Visiting Guest
don't know much about the brand except the two i put in for a coustermer were both poor quality..in fact both had defective drains and i had to put metal ones in(the ones that came with them were plastic) i would return what you bought and by a name brand like priceohister or delta or kohler,or moen...all faucets generaly say they have "lifetime warrenty" but the cheaper ones don't say how often you'll needit and at what expense (for the plumber?) anyway just my 2 cents

Old 06-22-05, 07:26 PM
isaacvs
Visiting Guest
I recommend Moen in nearly every case. I've also had the same problems with Pegasus every time I install them. I recommend NOT using ANY faucet with a plastic pop-up drain assembly. Even the big names use plastic drains in their home improvement store packaging. Plastic pop-up assemblies almost ALWAYS leak. If you can't find one with a metal drain, head for the small plumbing parts aisle. They should have metal pop-up assemblies sold separately. Ask your plumber to use the metal one and throw the plastic one away.

I'd also avoid Aqua Source or any other off brand that Lowe's or Home Depot carries. A $15 lavatory faucet sounds like a great deal, but remember that plumbers charge a lot of money to fix them, and they'll probably charge you for a new metal drain too.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: