Help, please --novice lady with pipe still leaking

Old 06-20-05, 02:28 PM
Kbrigoff
Visiting Guest
Red face Help, please --novice lady with pipe still leaking

After finding a dime sized hole in my j trap pipe which was a pretty large leak, while checking the other pipes, they disentegrated in my hands. I replaced them all, even putting teflon tape on all the screw threads, and making sure all washers where in place before tightening them.
I still have two small leaks: one against the back wall where the pipe that comes out of the j trap pipe goes into a PVC pipe and then at the top of the "T" pipe that connects the garbage disposal pipe on one side and the sink on the other. The leaks are very small, but there none-the-less.
I hope someone understands what I am trying to say, since I am a novice lady trying to do something myself, since I can't afford a plumber.

Old 06-20-05, 03:32 PM
plumerdan
Visiting Guest
what kind of trap did you install? if it was pvc they work best with the nylon wedge shapped washers.if it eas chrome the rubber ones should be used. did you try backing off the nut,but leaving the washer in place,wrapping aturn or two of teflon around the washer then tighting them up.should't take much more than hand tight...tighter is not better in most cases..good luck

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: