Low water pressure in sink (2nd floor)

Old 06-27-05, 10:07 AM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Low water pressure in sink (2nd floor)

Our shower pressure is fine on the 2nd (upper) floor but the water pressure in the sinks is terrible. Not a dribble but close enough. The water is turned on, I don't believe that there are any leaks (at least there are any wet areas yet). This has been going on since we bought last September.

Would causes one outlet to be low while the other works fine? Can something be done to fix the low pressure?

Thanks,
Pete

Old 06-27-05, 10:36 AM
Could be trash in the supply line to the faucet. I found a large piece of solder in the line one time.

Is is a widespread faucet? If so, maybe the hoses are kinked. I had that situation one time.

Could also be a restriction in the supply lines in the wall (better hope not).

Old 06-27-05, 11:30 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Have you unscrewed the aerator on the end of the faucet spout? There are several screens in them and they get clogged. This would be especially true if the water had been turned off for a while before you moved in. Make sure you replace the screens and washers in the same order that they came out in. Actually, you can put your finger over the open end and back-wash the screens without removing them from the aerator housing. Good luck.

Old 06-27-05, 11:41 AM
P
I will check that out tonight when I get home and repost.

Old 06-28-05, 06:20 AM
P
bingo, it was the aerator. so dirty, I couldn't see through it. Unfortunately, I wasn't thinking and didn't have a replacement, but will get one today.

Thanks,
Pete

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: