Dryer Gas Line {Moved Post}

Old 07-06-05, 11:31 AM
capricorn1551
Visiting Guest
Post Dryer Gas Line

I have a new Whirpool gas dryer and we are thinking about buying a home that has an electric dryer. I know that I cannot convert my dryer to electric, but is it possible to run a gas line to the dryer. The house has LP heat and an LP stove. How hard would this be to do and how costly would it be? Is it something that we could do ourselves or must we have a professional do it?

Old 07-06-05, 03:11 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
It depends entirely on 3 things:

1) Check with your local building officials, even if you live in the country and no incorporated city for miles from you, you still need to check at a county level; IF YOU are allowed to do LP gas work.

2) How handy are you at using tools and do you think you can do this type of work?

3) Check with your insurance agent and ask about doing this work and insurance coverage for fire damage. Not making fun of anything at all, there is a movement within the insurance industry to not cover people when work is done by the homeowner which later causes damage.

You may find this is permit required work. If it is, it is actually better for you because the work will be inspected and any problems will be pointed out.

Good luck, any questions ask away and someone will answer you...

Old 07-09-05, 02:19 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The dryer is probably set up for natural gas, unless you specifically ordered it as LP. They can be converted. Contact WHirlpool, or your local LP comany for help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: