Basement Shower Drain

Old 07-07-05, 06:08 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Basement Shower Drain

I have a 1 year old house, the drain lines for a full basement bath were installed by the builder. Shower drain was covered up by concrete, but with the builder we broke through the concrete floor & found it.

My question is, at the end of this 2" pipe, can I place a 90 degree elbow, then the trap, then of course the shower pan tie-in? This shower drain is the end of that section of the drain line. Basically I was / am worried about hte 90 degree elbow. Currrently the shower section of this drain just has a cut-off pipe with duct tape over the end. Rest is up to me.

I guess if I had to (or should) I could break up more concrete and place a 45 degee fitting farther down the line, thereby putting the trap inline with the pipe, 6" or so from the 45.

Vent line is also already plumbed up out through the roofline. This vent is completely seperate from the other house vent. Builder told me this basement bath vent is connected above the vantiy drain line. The overall drain lines for this bath run from the shower on the end, then toilet, then vanity, then to the main house drain. the vanity being "down stream" so to say from the shower.

I am good at doing all of this stuff, just do not like dealing with drain lines. I certainly did not enjoy breaking up the basement floor. FYI the pipe was almost 1' or a little more farther away than we expected it to be. That is one reason why I want the elbow in order to get the shower closer to where it was intended to be. Thanks for all of your help.

Old 07-07-05, 06:12 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
90's are not permissable underground unless they are passing vertically through the concrete floor.

Bust up more concrete and use a 45, even a street 45 and a regular 45 together makes a 90 which is legal, to make your turn of direction.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: