How do I install a New Hose Bib?

Old 07-10-05, 05:42 AM
chadl
Visiting Guest
How do I install a New Hose Bib?

I have no experience whatsoever with plumbing.

My current setup in the backyard isnt ideal. It is hard to get to the Hose Bib to turn it on b/c a deck was built and now i have to stick my hand down into the deck to turn it on. For some reason the thing leaks too and the water runs directly into the slab of my house.

Therefore, I would love to run a new line to a different location of my house (on the side of the deck, not under it). I dont really know what tools I would need to drill a hole in my brick of my house and what I should watch out for while doing so. I'll probably just leave the old one under the deck there instead of closing it off (b/c I dont know how to do that either and it's easier to not do it).

If anybody has any information on this please help me out. Thanks.

Old 07-10-05, 08:35 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Brick house + slab = soft copper water lines run under slab. What this means is that there is probably not an existing line to hook a new hose-bibb into. You would have to go into the wall behind the existing bibb and unsweat the elbow that the bibb goes into and turn it a quarter turn and then run a new piece of pipe the distance you need to get it out from under the deck. Then drill the hole in the brick. You didn't say where the current bibb was leaking from. Is it IN the wall or leaking from the spout or packing nut under the handle? Reply back and let us know. Good luck.

Old 07-12-05, 04:42 AM
chadl
Visiting Guest
Thanks for replying back....it's leaking from the spout.

I was going to leave that there and not use it and install another one in a more accessible location.

This all seems to hard though.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: