Water Meter makes loud noise

Old 07-12-05, 08:29 AM
yfct
Visiting Guest
Water Meter makes loud noise

Hi, ever since my local Water Authority changed the water meter in my house last December, I heard loud ticking noise when water run in the house sometimes. It got so bad that I was woke up by the noise when the sprinkler was on early in the morning. I called the Water Authority and they came change the meter citing that the meter was a defect and a lot of people in the area experienced the same problem. The new meter didn't make any noise for about a week then the noise came back but not as bad as the first one. However, I noticed that the level of noise gradually increase as time goes by. Before I call up the Water Authority again, does anyone have any idea what could have caused this? Is there anything in the house I should look into also? Please advise. Thanks!

Old 07-12-05, 01:36 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hard water?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Old 07-13-05, 07:59 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hi, I don't know where you live but here in NH, every house I lived in has this problem in the summertime. During winter the meter is silent. However, during summer, the meter is quite loud (you can here it home alone even if the television is on). My conclusion even after my meter was changed that it has to do with the temperature of the incoming water. Just a Thot.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: