Stub for Gas Range

Old 07-12-05, 11:21 AM
wes newhouse
Visiting Guest
Stub for Gas Range

I have installed a new free standing gas. The gas pipe stub (4 inches high)for the old range is directly behind the range and the orginal range had an indent in the back to allow for the stub so that the range could be pushed back flush to the wall. The new range lacks this indent so the range stick out 3-4 inches from the wall. Is it ok to cut some of the sheet metal on the back of the new range to allow the range to be pushed back fruther or is there any other trick to allow me to get the new stove back aginst the wall. Any input you have aill be appreciated.
Wes

Old 07-13-05, 05:28 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Let me make an ***umption there is an actual gas valve on the line and then a short nipple that makes up the rest of the 4 inches.

Very first option is not cutting anything on the stove. The valve must be readily available even though it is behind an appliance. Inside the stove would not be advisable.

I'd have someone who does gas work take out the entire nipple from the wall. Then using the proper length nipple with a street elbow on that. Then the gas valve with the flare adapter for the stove connector. This configuration is no more than 1" to 1 1/4" from the wall.

Just a thought...Good luck.

Old 07-14-05, 01:48 PM
wes newhouse
Visiting Guest
Thanks notuboo - I think you are right.....call in the pro and do a little re-routing on this one....just an fyi the stub on this one comes up through the floor not out through the wall....same difference though

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: