Stub for Gas Range


Old 07-12-05, 11:21 AM
wes newhouse
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Stub for Gas Range

I have installed a new free standing gas. The gas pipe stub (4 inches high)for the old range is directly behind the range and the orginal range had an indent in the back to allow for the stub so that the range could be pushed back flush to the wall. The new range lacks this indent so the range stick out 3-4 inches from the wall. Is it ok to cut some of the sheet metal on the back of the new range to allow the range to be pushed back fruther or is there any other trick to allow me to get the new stove back aginst the wall. Any input you have aill be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-05, 05:28 PM
notuboo's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Kansas City MO
Posts: 1,780
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Let me make an ***umption there is an actual gas valve on the line and then a short nipple that makes up the rest of the 4 inches.

Very first option is not cutting anything on the stove. The valve must be readily available even though it is behind an appliance. Inside the stove would not be advisable.

I'd have someone who does gas work take out the entire nipple from the wall. Then using the proper length nipple with a street elbow on that. Then the gas valve with the flare adapter for the stove connector. This configuration is no more than 1" to 1 1/4" from the wall.

Just a thought...Good luck.
Old 07-14-05, 01:48 PM
wes newhouse
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanks notuboo - I think you are in the pro and do a little re-routing on this one....just an fyi the stub on this one comes up through the floor not out through the wall....same difference though
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: