Main water shutoff doesn't work

Old 07-16-05, 08:08 PM
bexflyer
Visiting Guest
Main water shutoff doesn't work

Hi all,

The main water shutoff inside my house (not at the street) does not completely turn off the water....there is still a slow trickle of water when the valve is closed. The previous owner installed another shut off valve a few feet away from the main shutoff. The "band-aid" shutoff looks like it is about to leak. I want the main shutoff valve replaced and the job done right. Who's responsibility is it to replace the main water shutoff.....the towns or mine? If it is mine, I guess I would need to have the town shut off the water at the street and (at the same time) have a plumber replace the shutoff valve.....Is that correct? thanks.

Old 07-16-05, 08:33 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
A call to the water company can solve the mystery. Where I worked in Ohio, the customer was responsible for everything after the meter. This included a shut-off valve. If a customer wanted to work on their line, we would shut the water off at the street while they made the repairs. You can replace the valve. Why pay to get it done? Thats why we are DIY. If you need help, reply back. Good luck.

Old 07-17-05, 10:00 AM
bexflyer
Visiting Guest
thanks for the quick response to all my posts. I appreciate it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: