Gaggenau steam oven drain

Old 07-27-05, 09:25 AM
Wendell
Visiting Guest
Gaggenau steam oven drain

Have any of you installed a Gaggenau steam oven?

It needs to be connected with house drain. I don't have oven yet, so don't know if it has its own trap or needs one at connection with house drain. I suspect the latter since trap would need vent and don't see anything about a vent in the specs. My concern is that the oven doesn't produce enough water to keep trap full. What I'd like to do is drain the oven into the washer drain, using the washer drain trap/vent as trap/vent for both. But that appears to be a code violation since the two fixtures sharing the trap are of different kind and in different rooms.

Thanks.

Old 07-28-05, 07:26 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I have never installed one of these ovens but I would check with the code office locally. This appears to be almost like an air conditioner and it is more of a condensate drain than an actual fixture drain. I can't see where it would be any different than your dishwasher sharing the sink drain. The only problem I could foresee in hooking it up to the washer drain is if the drain got plugged it would back-up into your oven. Not a good thought. Good luck with your project.

Old 07-28-05, 08:22 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You have a great question.

Check with your local code people on this but I think you will find you need to do 2 things.

First it will be classed as a special waste because of the temp and this will require the temp be brought down below 140 degrees before it is allowed to enter the drainage system.

Second, because it used for food prep, you will have to use an indirect drain. Majakdragon touched on this issue with the backup. Indirect drainage solves this from happening.

Let us know what happens. It's been a while since I installed some steamers and code has changed some on these installs. Good luck with your project....

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: