Decyphering a Bathroom Blueprint

Old 07-30-05, 09:08 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Decyphering a Bathroom Blueprint

My fiance and I recently purchased a new house with an unfinished basement. We're going to start finishing the basement after we get married next month, so I'm trying to clear up a few things before we start. The builders left a set of blueprints for the house, which included the layout for the basement. I figured out what most of the stuff means, but I'm not very familiar with plumbing. I took a few pictures of what's roughed in already, and drew an approximation of what's on the blueprint. Here's what the blueprint looks like:

I know the top right box is the vanity, and the toilet is right next to that. I'm guessing the rounded box with the X in it is supposed to be a shower stall?

Here's what's currently roughed in:

There are two short ABS pipes, numbered 1 and 3. There's a hole in the floor with some styrofoam in it, numbered 2. And then there's a plastic box about 1 foot square by 4 inches tall, numberd 4.

This is another drawing of the blueprint, with an overlay of where the pipes are:

And lastly, here are two more pictures of the pipes:

Based on my limited knowledge of plumbing, I'm guessing #1 is the drain/vent for the sink, #2 is the drain for the toilet, #3 is the vent for a shower, and #4 is the drain for a shower. There are no copper water pipes roughed in, but they are in the ceiling directly over the room, and they're 3/4" pipes, so I'm guessing they anticipated tapping into them for the supply lines. But like I said, my knowledge is limited, so I may be completely wrong. Any replies will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 07-31-05, 07:05 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The large X is the floor of the shower to show canter to the drain.

Everything else you have there looks fine.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: