Help Please

Old 08-07-05, 12:48 PM
Mikeydude
Visiting Guest
Help Please

Hi... I'm new to this forum and I hope someone can help with a problem that's just arisen.

I've noticed over just the last few days that our water has a bad odor to it. It smells like mold or mildew. It has always tasted kinda bad too. Like a garden hose... if that makes any sense. It's very hard and has a lot of scale in it. We're constantly having to clear faucets, showerheads etc...

It is possible for a mold to form in the plumbing of a house? And if so what would be the remedy? Would I have to replumb the entire house, or could this be a city issue? The house was built in 1933 and we've owned it for about 10 years.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

Mike

Old 08-08-05, 05:36 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Fishy water...

Last edited by Ragnar; 08-13-05 at 05:18 PM.
Old 08-09-05, 12:12 PM
Mikeydude
Visiting Guest
Just an update. We contacted the City and they had a crew come out and flush the lines. Didn't make any difference, in fact if anything it got worse. I installed a 3 stage filtering system and the difference in filtered water is astounding. I talked to a supervisor at the water dept today and he said that there have been many complaints lately in this area and they're out digging up the street right now. He said they have a pretty outdated system in place for this area and they're in the process of upgrading it.

Thanks Ragnar for your reply.

Mike

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: