Plumbing Problem (Mobile Home)

Old 08-12-05, 11:57 AM
Baybun
Visiting Guest
Red face Back again...

Hi all! I dont know if anyone else on here has had this problem. I was washing dishes the other night and noticed a very foul odor after I let the water drain. I could tell that it was making its way up the drain, so it must be the plumbing. I have heard that there is a "stink trap" in your plumbing under your kitchen/bathroom sinks to keep the odor from excaping back into your house. Where is this located (if it exists) and how hard would it be to replace if it is the culprit. I have had no problems with drainage, I am on a septic system.

Ok another question. The outside of my home is metal (alum.) siding. I have a 1991 Redman. I noticed that there are small dents all over the front side. What could I do to pop them out? Looks as tho it was shot with a BB gun. Thanks for all your help! :mask:

Old 08-12-05, 06:35 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

Last edited by Ragnar; 08-13-05 at 04:57 PM.
Old 08-14-05, 01:58 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 875 Upvotes on 766 Posts
As far as I know there is is no 'stink trap'. The P trap under most drains holds water and prevents odor and bugs from going up the drain pipe. This is the curved drain pipe where the pipe goes down and then comes back up before finally go down again.
As far as the dents in aluminum you may be able to take a suction cup and pull them out. This usually works best on largerer softer dents. If it doesn't work on your dents you will either have to live with them or patch and paint over them. Dents were one of the reasons vinyl is used more often today than alum.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: