Anyone ever seen this kind of thing

Old 08-16-05, 04:06 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Anyone ever seen this kind of thing

I'm told that we don't have a clean-out on our house. On the patio, right next to the exterior wall of the bathroom, there is a 2-3 foot square of concrete that was not poured with the rest of the patio slab. Some of my boys and I worked and worked and finally got that piece of concrete out. Now we're digging down in hopes of finding the drain. We are down to about the bottom of the slab of the house. Since we have been thinking about a room addition on the patio and would also add a bath, this could save some money if in fact we could tie in to the drain.

Anyone ever seen anything like this??

Thanks,
Don

Last edited by brotherdon; 08-16-05 at 04:11 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-17-05, 06:13 AM
See it all the time in commercial work. You plant trees or shrubs in that area for landscaping or leave it alone for the extra patio space.

I have seen, even on fairly new homes under 10 years old, that pulling a toilet is considered the cleanout for the main. Doesn't seem proper, but then, I didn't install it or inspect the work.

Have fun with your project...

Old 08-17-05, 03:19 PM
B
Unclogged

Dear Not,

This past Sunday morning both toilets miraculously flushed properly, my wife did a few loads of laundry in the afternoon, and we'ver had no problem since then.

The matter of the clean-out is now related to another issue, that of adding a room and bathroom to our patio. If we can in fact tap into the drain from the area under the square of concrete, that will save some dollars. I'm thinking to keep on digging when it's not so hot. Maybe we'll make a connection.

Thanks,
don

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: