Water Output

Old 08-19-05, 08:25 AM
O
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Water Output

I just moved into a newly built house so all is brand new in a new part of our community. Our basement is unfinished so i am slowly finishing it off. In our bathroom i would like to put in 2 shower heads controlled by the same hot/cold water valve. I just want to be able to turn the one shower head off or on so one will always be on. My question is, would you guess that i would be able to sufficiently supply these 2 shower heads on a half inch line? I don't know what the output of a 1/2" line is. Aren't shower heads regulated at like 2.5 gpm or something? Thanks for the help

Old 08-19-05, 01:24 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Showerheads are rated at 2-1/2 gallons per minute. The line should support 2 showerheads but if you want to be able to turn one off then you are talking a separate valve for this. My recommendation would be to make the head that you want to shut off, one of those that has an on/off lever built into the head. You could even use the same type for both heads to do this. Good luck with your project.

Old 08-19-05, 05:08 PM
O
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the reply.
does 1/2" pipe have the capicity to put out 5 gallons per minute so that we don't have much loss of pressure?
Thanks again.

Old 08-19-05, 05:23 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Without going to charts, i can't say what the output is. I do think you will have no problem though. As soon as I can, I will check and let you know the flow rate.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: