new bathroom - problem with hot water volume

Old 08-19-05, 12:03 PM
jtittlebaum
Visiting Guest
new bathroom - problem with hot water volume

I am in the process of converting a bedroom into a master bath. I ran the hot water lines from an existing shower next to the bathroom, ran the lines up through the floor and capped the lines. It was like this for 2 weeks with no issues. Yesterday, I cut the caps off the lines and connected the water lines to the tub fixture. Now the hot water volume in the existing shower is low. There are no leaks in the line that I can find. Any idea what has happened?

Old 08-19-05, 01:11 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
When you tied the piping into the existing lines, something may have broken loose in the line. While the new line was capped, it prevented the obstruction from moving due to an "airlock". When you uncapped the line it let anything in the line go to the old valve. I would suggest disassembling the original shower valve and checking for an obstruction. If it is single handle it probably has a cartridge and perhaps the hot water "O" ring is blocked. Double handle set-up, remove the stem from the hot water side and then turn on the water to flush out the seat and line. Good luck.

Old 08-19-05, 07:08 PM
jtittlebaum
Visiting Guest
thanks for the info - I will investigate

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: