Installing new pipes to hose bibs

Old 08-27-05, 09:27 PM
Tman
Visiting Guest
Installing new pipes to hose bibs

I would like to put in a water softener. The problem is that I have a slab foundation and outside hose bibs are tapped off bath cold water pipes so just inserting the softener into the main water supply to the house would result in softened water provided to the outside hose bibs.

Anyone have any ideas?

Should I slap the softener in with the existing pipe configuration and deal with the added cost of softened water through the hose bibs? Should I try to seperate the hose bibs from the rest of the water pipes by running dedicated pipes to the hose bibs from the main supply? Or is there a better option that I haven't thought of?

I've posted a similar question in the Filters and conditioners forum but haven't recieved a response.

Old 08-28-05, 10:19 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Since soft water is bad for landscaping, you really have only one option here. Cap off the existing feed to the hose bibs and install a new water line by tapping into the main water supply somewhere between the meter and the water softener connection.

Old 09-03-05, 09:42 PM
noisaw
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by Tman
I would like to put in a water softener. The problem is that I have a slab foundation and outside hose bibs are tapped off bath cold water pipes so just inserting the softener into the main water supply to the house would result in softened water provided to the outside hose bibs.

Anyone have any ideas?

Should I slap the softener in with the existing pipe configuration and deal with the added cost of softened water through the hose bibs? Should I try to seperate the hose bibs from the rest of the water pipes by running dedicated pipes to the hose bibs from the main supply? Or is there a better option that I haven't thought of?

I've posted a similar question in the Filters and conditioners forum but haven't recieved a response.
Try using potasium instead of salt. Call a green house to confirm.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: