water softener removal

Old 09-04-05, 09:04 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
water softener removal

Our city just installed a community softener. My softener has not been working properly so i want to remove it. Where the main comes into the existing softener, it looks like an H, i guess to bypass the softener. can i simply cut the lower legs to the H off?
Old 09-04-05, 04:25 PM
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: KY/OH
Posts: 3,362
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Just imagine that piping as one big loop. Cut the pipes and solder off with 90's instead of tees so that there are no dead ends in the piping, it will look like one big U when you are done.


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: